Last update # Time-stamp: "2004-01-21 16:54:56 antilog"
SNOVAE CVS server : How to access it ?
- 1) How to open your your CVS account on the snovae cvs server :
- To have a full access to the snovae CVS server, you need to send a
RSA public key to P.A and to configure your preferred unix account.
The easiest way to perform these operations is to get the script
and do :
> chmod +x setcvs.pl
> ./setcvs.pl -i
You may have to wait 24h to have your cvs account activated after this command.
It is a good idea to put this script setcvs.pl in your unix path
for its future usage.
Remark : You can get this setcvs.pl script from this page,
or do from your computer :
> wget "http://supernova.in2p3.fr/doc/ccin2p3/help_user/setcvs.pl"
- 2) How to access the files in the snovae CVS server
- - There is at the moment more than one area (=CVSROOT)
with different user restriction access. The first thing to do is to select
a given CVSROOT. For example to work in the SNFactory area , you should do :
> eval `setcvs.pl SNFactory`
Remark : be careful to use the correct quoting : ` ` and not ' '
- - You can also browse ( but not write in ) the content
of the snovae CVS server directly from the web , examples :
- 3) Anonymous access with Read only right to the snovae CVS server
- - To install software in central area under generic account you can use
the anonymous acces to cvs. The first thing to do is to initialize the access (once for ever) :
> setcvs.pl -a -i -l xxxx
with "xxxx" = the anonymous User ID ( ask it to P.A).
Then to get, for example, the full snfactory online software do :
> eval `setcvs.pl -a SNFactory`
> cvs checkout Online
- 4) For more details
- - on cvs have a look to the cvs documentation
- - on setcvs.pl , do
> setcvs.pl -h
for example , this will tell you how to configure more than one of your
unix accounts to work under this cvs server.